Tuesday, December 16, 2008

To Run



When was the last time you did something incredibly out of this world and crazy? Something completely out of your comfort zone and something that took the utmost guts to try. Watching Josiah Leming's story really got me thinking today. He really is such a precious person, I really think so. A precious boy with a precious talent and a precious heart. His desperate grip on his dream led him to quit school, leave home with nothing but a car and he started travelling, earning money on gigs whenever he can and living for a year in his own car. He came from nothing but like he said, he's suddenly part of his whole dream of being what be was truly meant to be.

I'm just wondering where my dreams took me. I had a dream, I did. I used to be so passionate with everything, just like Josiah. I wanted to do so many things. But unlike Josiah I sort of let it linger around a little then I pushed it back where it came from. I stopped nurturing it, I stopped thinking about it, I stopped chasing it because I thought it wasn't going to get me anywhere. I stopped chasing because I knew it was hard, because I knew I'd probably be turned down time and time again and I'd probably never get what I want in the end.

Makes me sad that I thought of it that way. But then again, there isn't any point in rambling about past crushed dreams is there? After all, time still exists. And today, I make an oath to try. To be like Josiah and to reach out to be what I really know I can be. Be it to start from nothing. I will try.

I hope everyone would too (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home