Saturday, July 19, 2008

Impossibly baroque

Baroque killed me. It did. Taking only 12 hours to execute a 15 seconds clip, stylesheets, a moodboard and presentation slides... And to think the outcome sucked so much, it was like as if I did it in an hour or two. I guess when you're under pressure to finish something, you can't really get anything done. But, at least I tried to complete it though I really wanted to give up so many times. Thanks to Jed for keeping me sane and keeping me going. Hahaha.

Basically our project was a 15 seconds TV spot for Singapore Arts Festival 2009 along the theme of "Impossibly Baroque". This project's duration was actually 2 weeks. But the brief was changed at the end of the first week from "Spawning a lush cultural landscape" to "Impossibly Baroque". Meaning all the work we put in for the first week was scrapped and we had one week to come up with an entirely new concept, stylesheets, moodboard and a 15 second clip on Friday. And plus, it clashed with our Modern and Pop culture's assignment. So technically, I only had about 3 days to come up with a concept and execute.

I don't know how I did it. But I only came up with a concrete concept on wednesday, and on thursday I stayed up the whole night to execute everything. I think I rock. HAHAHA.

Anyway I didn't type all this out for nothing. I'm just pissed that some people don't believe I'm as busy as I say I am. Basically this kinda thing happens most of the time for my course, and there's nothing we can do or say about it. Because we know out in the industry, there would be much worse things that happen.

Its not that I don't want to go out with you, or don't want to go to church or don't want to spend time with you. I simply have, no time. I'm not the only person experiencing this in my course, I believe everyone of my coursemates understand what I'm saying.

I agree that yes, about 90% of the time I'm doing schoolwork, hanging with coursemates, talking about school instead of going out and having fun. I know, I have no life. But honestly speaking, its odd but I enjoy myself. Its the satisfaction of finishing something not mattering if its good or not. but as long as you put in some kind of effort to complete it.

I don't like being blamed for not turning up for this or that. I have no choice, time is not on my side. And even if I'm free, I would rather spend my time sleeping and nua-ing for the day. I'm human, you think all those late nights or nights that I don't even sleep and skipping meals to do work hasn't tired me out? Of course I'm tired. And I need sleep more than anything else, if not I'd surely burn out.

Its kind of difficult to make anyone who isn't in a design/commercial course understand. But all this I've said is true. I just hope people won't blame me anymore for not turning up for things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home