Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vertical

Heart as heavy, lips dry, hair tousled. Trying hard,
feeling lonely, losing sanity as I creep into self-withdrawal under
The covers of my bed. I'll lose contact with the world, lose contact
With my self life principle, yearn for the warmth of His feathers.
In a night with artificial temporal coldness, I wrap myself underneath
scratchy white towels and listen for hope.

More of coffee no longer sustains strength, more of sleep no longer
Provides rejuvenation. Loneliness creeps in, and I have learnt to plug
My eyes, ears, nose to jump right in. It's no longer dark, just too bright.
Too bright and too empty and too silent, and an orchestrated harmony claws
The cracks within. It's soft but hurting.

I bite my lip and close my eyes to look up at the sky.

© Natasha Lim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home