Thursday, July 24, 2008

Heartstrong



When I was 5 or 6-ish, I used to open up an umbrella and sit underneath it with a backpack. It was my very own version of camping. I was afraid of dark spaces, and the monsters underneath my bed. But my mum told me my bed doesn't have the space for a monster to hide underneath and I was relieved. I watched Pocahontas everyday without fail, because I loved how pretty her black hair twirled and fanned all around her face when the wind blew. Watched it till the tape spoilt. Till now, I can memorize and recite every line to the movie.

I also believed that if you jumped high enough, you could grab the stars out of the skies and keep them in jars. I believed one day I would grab a million stars and save them in jars and that they would whisper to me the secret to their beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home