Sunday, May 18, 2008

Charis' 18th Birthday Celebration

Celebrated Charis' 18th today, with a picnic at Pasir Ris Beach. Keren and I prepared all the food, baked 18 cupcakes and decorated them individually and I brought along my mother's home made strawberry wine for the picnic. Bought rose petals and had them strewn all across the table, along with candles as the centerpiece. Made everything feel so pretty! (: Keren's friend Jake came along and we waited for Charis for like 3 hours, but it was okay. Although the food was kinda like melting. HAHA. But since she was the birthday girl, she's allowed to be fashionably late. So on with the pictures!

The Table







Some shots of the cupcakes




Fooooooood!!!
I made Shepherd's Pie, potato salad and finger sandwiches shaped like stars. HAHA. Keren made sausages and soup.






My Mama's strawberry wine. OH SO DAMN GOOD.





Keren and I. Whats with the smile keren. HAHA.



Me: "This is so romantic, I'm in a park eating a STRAWBERRY. IN THE MORNING. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!"
Keren: "Yeah and plus! YOU'RE WITH ME!!"
Me: ......



Keren looks good next to candles, apparently.




We ate strawberries whilst waiting for the arrival of Charis the great.



And then finally she came.



So we finally started eating and tricked Charis that we'll do the proper cut-cake thing after lunch. We made another cake, piled with whipped cream on top, and after singing the birthday song... Smashed the cake into Charis' face. WHOO. HAHA. (following pics are screenshots of the video. Yes. It is being recorded, and I'm too embarrassed to upload it here. So pictures will suffice. LOL.)





Charis then tried to grab me.



Then I tried to grab Keren.



Which was successful. LOL



And Keren got Jake.



We ended the day by making a trip to the airport. Our very coolxzxz hang0uTz. Watched the planes flew by whilst drinking starbucks, and entertained ourselves by reading each other's love lives countless times. And talking about relationships and stupid boys. HAHA. FUN.

Happy birthday to my craziest, funniest, noisiest, most spontaneous, mop-like duduhead CHARIS. HAHA. You're like damn old now, because you're 18, but I don't care. Age doesn't matter to me, I'll still love you all the same. Although you like to laugh at me and Keren's misery, we still love you too. HAHA. Thanks for the joy, fun, laughter you have brought into our lives and the countless times you've stood by us in our darkest hours. We'll spend the rest of our lives being the bestest best friends foreverxzxzxz. yAy. HAHA. Mwah mwah mwah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home