Sunday, April 13, 2008



You say too late to start, got your heart in a headlock,
I don't believe any of it.


All coming back once again, driving
Senses through. Painfully piercing, sadistically
Rewarding. Spilling coffee, biting lips.
I am unsure of it.
Are you?

My heart has not been just once but
Many times felt the hurt. I'm not caring
About pain anymore, I'm winding minutes
Back. To where it all came back then.
I feel unsure of it.
And you?

I'm not. I'm just. My heart.
Your records. Your songs.
My words. Your words.
Our world. I'm going back once more
To the pretty memories. Clenched fists.
I am still unsure of it.
Do you?

I'm quickly quickly hastily tearing.
My scheme is broken. My rhythm undone, physical
Pain exudes. Covering them all up doesn't
Seem to work. Letting your tongue hang out
Doesn't seem to work.
I want to forget this but remember you.
But I am unsure of it.
What about you?

I can't stop. No ending now. Just go ahead.
Dive in, feel the water rise up your lungs.
Its early suicide, sweet misery. Painless death.
I am going there, I am a heart made of steel.
I choose to recollect the outline of your face.
I chose to not remember rather than forget.
I am sure of it now.
You?

-Natasha Lim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home