Thursday, October 9, 2008

I hope my heart goes first.


I cannot emphasise enough that my body is a
Badly designed, poorly put together vessel
Harbouring these diminishing, so-called vital organs
Hope my heart goes first, I HOPE MY HEART GOES FIRST!
And we are beautiful, we are doomed

-We are Beautiful, We are Doomed by Los Campesinos!

-------------------------------
Jolie Laide

And you say your hearts not true in its deepest form,
I say girl, you're not looking at the world with clear sight
Maybe if I've shown you more to love there is to you
Maybe then we both could struggle and we both could fight.

And so you're bent on toilet seats unplugging atrocity
From your lungs and into the depths of chasms of beauty.
I know you did, and I feel like I should hurt when
We became slaves to worlds of mindless drugged up ethics.
Don't you know you're pretty when you are?

So maybe one more time, again I'll shout really loud
Into endless tones of seashell cones and maybe then
You would listen and stop this compulsive disarray of biting your tongue
Just so you can fill it up again.

These symptoms you purged with your eyes bloodshot
And that is when I start to worry because
I feel like everyone is watching with their best suits,
Their telescope eyes. Under scrutiny of a microscope, you and I
Are the only living organisms trapped in this complexity of humane violence.

You should know these thoughts are yours and value each day
Like those magazine pages that you stick in your closet
We live in this chaos of downfall and being beautiful
Just drags you down with it.

Shout at the world because you're beautiful.
Drown out the silence once you're through

© Natasha Lim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home